Mastering cash flow, cash cushion, and money management to keep your business financially stable and fund your own growth
The 6 Pillars of Business Success: Doing Business Right
by Roger Doumanian available on Amazon.com
Money isn’t everything but you can’t do much without it.
You need cash to market your business, cover your operational costs, and pay your employees, including yourself, just to list a few things.
A healthy company needs to have two types of cash to survive, grow, and become independent of a fluctuating economy – cash flow and cash cushion. However, cash flow and cash cushion are not the only financial considerations for a business. Once you have cash coming in, you need to take measures to manage and protect that cash. This segment of your business also encompasses taxes, accounting, banking, insurance, credit, and budgeting, which are all central to the financial health of your business.
- So, how do you get cash flowing smoothly through your business?
- How do you establish a cash cushion?
- How do you manage your cash and spend it wisely?
- How do you protect the money that you work so hard to earn?
By establishing the Financial Pillar!
The Financial Pillar in Action
Your Financial Pillar will be comprised of several key individuals, including your accountant, bookkeeper, banker, and insurance agent. These individuals will play an important role in helping you manage and protect your finances. Here are a few key ways they will help you build a sustainable business.
- Advice: Consult and advise you on your spending, saving, and investing options, helping you make wise decisions about your finances.
- Budgeting: Assist you with your budgeting needs to ensure that you remain disciplined with your spending habits and keep a healthy balance between income and expenses.
- Books: Maintain your financial books up-to-date and provide you with the necessary reports and balance sheets needed for such things as taxes, financial reviews, and budget meetings.
- Accounting: Review your financial statements for accuracy and compliance, prepare and file your tax returns, and represent your company during audits by the state or federal government.
- Payroll: Manage the payroll for your employees and executives, make payments for payroll taxes, and work with your Legal Pillar and Human Resources Pillar (discussed further in Chapter 3) to comply with wage and hour laws.
- Insurance: Analyze your business insurance needs, advise on the types of coverage available to you, and help you obtain the coverage necessary to protect your business against unexpected financial liabilities.
- Banking: Assist in establishing good credit to obtain loans or financing when your business requires it.
The Roger Doumanian® Corporation
28494 Westinghouse Place, Suite 104
Valencia, California 91355
Phone (661) 857-7000
Built on Bedrock®
CONSULTING. COACHING. TRAINING.
The Business Structure Experts®